Stanford Faculty Development Series
Stanford Faculty Development Series for Assistant Professors
The Stanford Faculty Development Series is a facilitator-training program that offers career development opportunities for individual faculty participants, and simultaneously provides a mechanism for institutional improvement.
It consists of seven sessions that each include a didactic module, video review and a role play exercises. Sessions are held on a monthly basis.
The series is taught by Clinical Professor of Medicine Alina Popa, M.D. who is one of 221 certified clinical teaching seminar facilitators around the world.
The seminars are designed to:
- Enhance participants' versatility as teachers.
- Enhance their ability to analyze clinical teaching using an educational framework.
- Provide a forum for collegial exchange.
Seminar Schedule and Curriculum
The seminars will be held on a monthly basis via Zoom. Sessions begin at 11 a.m. and last 90 minutes. Please reserve a full two-hour period to account for any delays. Details and connection information will be sent to participants via email. Questions? Please email email@example.com.
- Session 1 - Learning climate - October 13, 2021
- Session 2 - Control of session - November 19, 2021
- Session 3 - Communication of goals - December 13, 2021
- Session 4 - Promotion of understanding & retention - January 28, 2022
- Session 5 - Evaluation - February 23, 2022
- Session 6 - Feedback - March 15, 2022
- Session 7 - Promotion of self-directed learning - April 15, 2022
The seminars consist of didactic presentations, group discussions, role-play exercises, video vignette review, and personal and institutional goal setting. During a follow-up session, participants are encouraged to develop a set of recommendations for improving their institution's environment for clinical teaching. If you would like more information about this series, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.