Services and Events
The Office of Academic Affairs presents workshops for health sciences faculty that cover a wide range of topics including faculty orientation, retirement, promotions, with appetizing opportunities for academic career success.
We offer workshops during lunch and dinner. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Upcoming Webinar: Navigating the Merit & Promotion Process and eFile Program
The workshop will include an overview of academic advancement process, timing and will also discuss the ways to appropriately document the work, accomplishments, and products in teaching, scholarship and service with a help of the e-FilePlus system.
This online webinar will held annually.
New Faculty Orientation
This orientation is held once per year for recently appointed faculty. It provides faculty with an overview of faculty development opportunities, tips of navigating the UC system, file promotion process, academic tracks, and additional resources and support for new faculty at UC Riverside.
Culture in Academic Medicine Series
Overview of the series can be found here.
- An update from the National Academy of Medicine: "Taking Action Against Clinician Burnout - A system approach to professional well-being". Thursday January 7, 2021 at 5pm Zoom, registration for this is required
- Asking Questions - Inspiration or Intimidation? Feb 4, 5pm (webinar)
- Professional Communications in Difficult Times. Mar 4, 5pm (webinar)
- Psychological Safety in the Clinical Learning Environment. April 1, 5pm (webinar)
- Good-bye Baby Boomers, Move Over Gen X & Gen Y, Hello Gen Z (the iGeneration). May 6, 5pm (webinar)
- How to Connect Effectively Across Cultures. June 3, 5pm (webinar)
Junior Faculty Workshops
Faculty Mentoring Program
Our faculty mentoring program provides support to our newest faculty to integrate into the SOM and UC culture, while addressing the challenges of work and life balance, establishing career goals and fulfilling their duties in clinical practice, research, teaching and service.
The facilitator-training program offers career development opportunities for individual faculty participants, and simultaneously provides a mechanism for institutional improvement.
Academic Affairs Services
Consultations with Associate Dean Iryna Ethell
For personalized consultations or an in person meeting with the associate dean, contact email@example.com
Zoom Conference Requests
For general or specific questions related to your academic appointment, you can arrange a virtual meeting via Zoom or in person meeting your academic affairs analyst. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.