Merit & Promotion Process
Merit & Promotion Process
- Senate "The Call"
UCR policies for merit & promotion process
UCR Academic Personnel Forms & Checklists
Includes start-up letters and department recommendation forms for senate files.
Professor Series, - APM 220
Professor of Clinical (e.g. Medicine) Series, - APM 275
Professor in Residence Series - APM 270
Non-Senate The CallUCR non-senate procedures for academic personnel reviews.
- Health Sciences Clinical Professor Series - APM 278
- Volunteer Clinical Professor Series - APM 279
- Adjunct Professor Series - APM 280
Guidelines on Self-Statement
- The candidate is strongly encouraged to submit a brief statement describing and evaluating, in language understandable to a general audience, his/her achievements and recognition within the review period. The self-statement may not contain comments on procedures/processes used to assemble the file and this is not the place for personal information.
- As part of your self-statement, include a diversity statement. This is a statement addressing contributions to diversity through teaching, research, professional activity, and/or service during the review period. A link to the SOM statement on diversity is available here.
- These self-statements are not required but are helpful to the reviewing bodies if they direct the reviewers' attention to the candidate's most significant work and the current direction of scholarly activities; simple enumeration of material evident in the file does not materially assist the review process and should be avoided. Accuracy of the self-statement is the responsibility of the candidate. If there are discrepancies between facts stated on the self-statement and the review file, the reviewing bodies will defer file as the true/accurate record.
- Self-statements in merit files are limited to a two-page maximum. Promotion files are not limited in length. Candidates are encouraged not to exceed five-pages in length when submitting self-statements. However, there is no page limit on self-statements sent to external reviewers.
- If the self-statement sent to extramural referees differs from the self-statement in both self-statements should be included in the file.
- Teaching evaluations by students are conducted electronically.
- Questions regarding undergraduate evaluation form may be directed to Rosemary.Tyrrell@medsch.ucr.edu.
You can request copies of your teaching evaluations from your pre-clerkship and clerkship directors, residency/fellowship coordinators.