For a quick guide on series expectations, review the Senate & Non-Senate Professorial Series Criteria.
For a quick guide on series expectations, review the Academic Lab Personnel Non-Senate Criteria.
SOM Faculty Handbook for appointments, advancements, and promotions.
UCR policies for merit & promotion process Senate "The Call"
Academic Personnel Manual (APM) policy links related to the individual senate series.
- Professor Series - APM 220
- Professor of Clinical (e.g., Medicine) Series - APM 275
- Professor in Residence Series - APM 270
Academic Personnel Manual (APM) policy links related to the individual non-senate series.
- Health Sciences Clinical Professor Series - APM 278
- Adjunct Professor Series - APM 280
- Committee on Clinical Appointment & Advancement - Guidelines
- Appointment Checklist
Identifies materials needed for new non-senate faculty appointments
- Non-Senate CV Template
Use this Microsoft Word document to create a curriculum vitae that follows UC Riverside School of Medicine style guidelines.
Community Based Faculty (volunteer)
- Volunteer Clinical Professor Series APM 279
- Appointment & Advancement Guidelines (volunteer)
- Workflow for Clinical Faculty Appointments
- Appointment Form
Requires chair-written recommendation on rank & written approval prior to processing.
- APM 279 Attestation Form
Agreement form required for all volunteer appointments.
- Reappointment / Promotion Form
Requires chair-written recommendation & approval prior to processing.
Review and Appraisal Committee Responsibility
- APM 210
Academic Personnel Manual (APM) policy for review committees advising on academic actions.
Academic Lab Personnel
Review the Academic Lab Personnel Criteria for a quick guide on series expectations
- Academic Coordinator - APM 375
- Postdoctoral Scholars - UCR Grad Division
- Postdoctoral Scholar Unit Agreement
- Professional Researcher - APM 310
- Project Scientist - APM 311
- Specialist - APM 330
- Visiting Titles - APM 230
Still not sure, which series to use when appointing your lab personnel? Contact our unit at firstname.lastname@example.org.